Cleaning vinyl wrapped cars requires a specific and dedicated approach to maintain the wrap and look of the car. Here at Slick Mobile Detail Services, we are experts in cleaning vinyl wrapped cars!
We recommend scheduling a wash and detail with us to care for your vinyl wrapped car, you can do so here. However, we understand that you may not use us every single time, so this blog post is some advice on cleaning vinyl wrapped cars.
We recommend the following steps for caring for a vinyl wrapped car:
- Regular washing: The key to maintaining a vinyl wrapped car is to keep it clean. Regular washing with a mild detergent and a microfiber wash mitt is recommended to remove dirt and grime. Avoid using abrasive sponges or brushes, as these can scratch the vinyl.
- Drying: After washing, use a microfiber towel or chamois to dry the car. Avoid using a regular towel or paper towels, as these can scratch the vinyl.
- Protecting the vinyl: A good way to protect the vinyl is to apply a ceramic coating or a high-quality wax. These products create a barrier that protects the vinyl from the elements and makes it more resistant to scratches and fading. Contact us at (406) 500-6181 for purchasing the correct ceramic coating and wax products.
- Cleaning the wheels: The wheels are often neglected when it comes to cleaning a car, but they can have a big impact on the overall appearance of the vehicle. Clean the wheels with a wheel cleaner specifically designed for the type of wheels on your car, and use a tire shine to give them a glossy finish. Try not to overspray the product onto the side of the car as some vinyl wraps can be chemically sensitive.
- Interior cleaning (this isn’t vinyl related, but hey since your cleaning the outside, might as well get the inside): Regularly clean the interior of your car to remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants. Use a microfiber cloth and a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to clean the seats, dashboard, and door panels.
- Avoiding harsh chemicals: Many household cleaners can damage the vinyl. Avoid using bleach, ammonia, or other harsh chemicals on the vinyl. Also, avoid using a pressure washer on the vinyl, as the high-pressure water can cause damage, especially if there is rock pits or already a small damage area.
- Avoiding direct sunlight: Park the car in a garage, shaded area or use a car cover to protect the vinyl from direct sunlight. UV rays can cause the vinyl to fade and become brittle over time.
- Avoid bird droppings: The acidity in bird droppings can cause damage to the vinyl and cause stains. If bird droppings are left on the vinyl for an extended period, they can be difficult to remove and leave trace-residue discoloration on the vinyl. Clean bird droppings off the vinyl as soon as possible.
- Professional Detailing: Professional detailing is a good way to keep your vinyl wrapped car looking its best. This is where we come in! Call us and we can clean and protect the vinyl, clean the wheels, and clean the interior of the car. We can also apply a ceramic coating to protect the vinyl from the elements.
In summary, the best way to care for a vinyl wrapped car is to keep it clean, protect the vinyl, avoid harsh chemicals, direct sunlight and bird droppings and of course regular maintenance is essential.
Professional detailing is the best way to keep your car looking new! Call us to get scheduled now: (406) 500-6181
Read next: What Auto Detailers Use to Clean Glass